1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
I took a baking class with my friend Sarah. I love to cook, but baking is still a bit of a mystery to me, so this was a fun chance to learn.
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada... Canada's still a country, right?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
I think 2008 is the first year I'll have no debt, besides my car loan.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 8, the day of my surgery. After six weeks of not being able to walk, it was awesome to be able to walk straight away after surgery.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
I feel like my career is a bit stuck, not because I'm not getting promotions, but because I learned almost nothing interesting this year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
At the end of September, two days before I was supposed to go rafting, I injured my knee. The surgery in November removed eight pieces of loose cartilage.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
Scott brought me crutches. :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I really appreciate everybody who offered help while I was stuck at home injured, especially Scott (who came over to work with me, ran errands for me, and even went with me to pick up my mom at the airport).
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody close to me (or else they wouldn't be close to me any more).
14. Where did most of your money go?
My biggest single expense was probably rent, though I imagine entertainment came in a close 2nd.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I was really excited about going rafting... maybe next year.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Both, if that makes any sense.
Thinner or fatter? Unchanged.
Richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spent more time with friends. It seems like this year they had less time for me because of work and families.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stay at home.
20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
I guess I'm doing this a little late, but I celebrated Christmas at home. It's not really one of my favorite holidays, so I don't tend to do much... it is a good excuse to talk to friends and family on the phone, though.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Not for lack of trying, but nope.
22. How many one night stands?
None that I can recall.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't really tend to hate people; if they're that bad of a person, I just eliminate them from my life.
25. What was the best book you read?
Two series ended this year: Harry Potter (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) and The Sword of Truth (Confessor). In their way both were fitting conclusions to the series and some of the best reading of the year.
I also tremendously enjoyed The Happiest Days of Our Lives, and like most others, wished it was longer. :) (Viva the Wheaton 300!)
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I found lots of new bands this year, but the best is probably Dååth.
27. What did you want and get?
I got World Peace, but it was localized to my apartment.
28. What did you want and not get?
I never finished cleaning out that 3rd bedroom.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't think I want to share that.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
33. What kept you sane?
Grishka. Music. The occasional Beer O'Clock with the CodePlex developers.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I really don't.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Even though I still religiously watch Meet the Press, I find myself more and more disinterested in politics every year. As always, I vote for gridlock... a non-functioning government is the best kind, given the kinds of things it tends to do.
36. Who do you miss?
I miss my Colorado friends, whom I haven't seen since I moved away 3 years ago.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Drew, who doesn't actually think anybody likes him. What a doofus. :-p
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007?
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"You've been schooled, had aggression in large amounts
Just be truthful, man it's everything that counts
There is no hand waiting that must be paid
We will leave our encores all un-played
At the end of the day."
-- Spock's Beard, "At the End of the Day"