Jim and I finished up work on xUnit 1.0.2 on Saturday and we pushed the publish button this afternoon. The one new notable feature is support for Resharper 4.0. We also fixed five bugs in the bug database (and probably a few more here and there that didn't get tracked).
It's been almost 3 months since 1.0.1, and if it doesn't seem like we've made a lot of progress for those three months, you're probably right.
- When I was on the CodePlex team, we had a dedicated 20% Slack day to work on xUnit.net, so it got ~ 40 hours/month work on it. Now that I'm on the ASP.NET team, Jim and I have to carve off a Saturday or Sunday, and we're probably running more like 12-18 hours/month right now.
- It's summer, and the end of the fiscal year at Microsoft, so there has been inevitable vacations, plus speaking gigs for both of us where travel eats into the weekend.
- We've been working on trying to make progress with our GUI runner, as well as doing some investigative work around supporting the Visual Studio Test runner. While we are making progress of sorts, it's not the kind of "release every month" progress right now.
Hopefully we'll be able to find some more solid time to work on it soon. Now that we have an officially supported release for Resharper 4.0, we can re-focus on the other runners.